* The Second Beast *
(11) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. Revelation 13:11 KJV
As we continue the study of chapter 13 we begin with this visual of another beast rising up with two horns. In this scripture another person who was out of control and unable to be tamed had two leaders with him. This leader spoke like Satan. I am imagining he also speaks many things against God.
Horns like a lamb leads us to think this leader is “like” a lamb but truly isn’t. Jesus was the sacrificial lamb of God. But this one is an imposter to the church. We have read Jesus telling us to be aware of wolves in sheep’s clothing. This would be a perfect scenario depicting someone who would fool people into “worshiping” someone other than the true God.
(12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast whose deadly wound was healed. Revelation 13:12 KJV
So this second leader used the same power as the first leader did before him and made everyone worship the first leader.
* Image of the Beast *
(13) And he doth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, (14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. Revelation 13:13-14 KJV
This second leader was able to do miraculous signs. He made fire come down from heaven on to the earth and because people saw this and were witness to it he said they should make an image to the first leader who was wounded but lived. Similar to what King Nebuchadnezzar did for the people of Daniel’s time. They made an image of gold and wanted everyone to worship the image. This story can be found in Daniel chapter 3.
(15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. Revelation 13:15 KJV
In this scenario the power goes further than it did in Nebuchadnezzar’s time. This image of the leader is able to speak and those who do not worship the image should be killed.
* The Mark *
(16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Revelation 13:16-17 KJV
This leader made everyone receive a mark in their right hand. From rich people all the way to the poorest people had to receive this mark in their hand or foreheads. No one could buy or sell anything if they did not have the mark, the name of the leader or the number of his name.
(18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six. Revelation 13:18 KJV
Whomever has wisdom let him understand and know that the number this leader uses is 666. There is a bill which has been created right now which is trying to be passed as a law. It is called the Trace Act. It is an acronym and stands for: Testing, Reaching and Contacting Everyone. It’s number is H.R.6666. Do you think this is just a coincidence? Not likely! There are no coincidences with God. Be vigilant and pray that your faith will stay strong in times of trouble. The enemy is seeking whom he may devour. Don’t let yourself fall in to temptation or be misled. The Lord is returning soon – so be ready and pay attention to your surroundings and what is happening daily! The Lord is your true shield and He will protect you from harm.
If you are learning more and feel blessed we are so happy! If you would like to donate to help this ministry continue to teach and share the gospel please click the button below. Thank you! The Lord loves a cheerful giver.